Quick Start Guide
Connecting to SkyLab
- Go to sky.emporia.edu, click SkyLab, click SLIM (right-hand column), click Login. Enter your BuzzIn userID and password.
- You will see an icon for SLIM Archivist Toolkit. Double-click it.
- Once your desktop has loaded, you should see the Windows 8 Start screen. Click "Desktop" (pictured below). The traditional desktop will load and you will see an icon on the desktop for Archivist Toolkit. Double-click ot launch the program.
- After double-clicking the Archivist Toolkit icon, you will be prompted to enter database connection information. Enter the following exactly:
To copy and paste the Connection URL: jdbc:sqlserver://vela3.esuad.ds:1433;databaseName=AT
The userID is: archivist
The password is: WAW2013!
Database Type: Microsoft SQL Server
- Once entered, click "Save", then "OK".
- You will be presented with a login prompt. Enter your credentials. The userID will be the same as your BuzzIn account. However, the password is your E-number (ex. E12345678). You should change the password after logging in to Archivist Toolkit.
- Now you can begin using Archivist Toolkit. Next time you connect to Archivist Toolkit (after logging in to SkyLab), you will only be prompted for the Archivist Toolkit userID and password. Reminder: SkyLab uses your BuzzIn userID and password, but Archivist Toolkit is whatever you change it to in step 3. They do not sync
- Close Archivist Toolkit.
- Click the Start button in the lower left corner. This will take you to the Start screen.
- Now, click your name in the upper right corner (pictured below, Arrow 1) and choose Sign out (Arrow 2).