What to expect leading up to and including Move-In Day!
- In December, you will receive your housing placement with roommate information.
- Remember to check your Emporia State email regularly. This is how we will be communicating with you. Contact Information Technology (IT) if you need help to access your Emporia account.
- Reach out to your roommate and get to know them. Go beyond just reading their Facebook profile. There is so much more to us than our social media presence.
- Begin that relationship and coordinate who will be bringing what. You can check out our list of suggested items and what you can bring to the residence halls.
- Read over this website for information about move-in including what to expect on move-in day and links to our Orientation program.
- You will receive a pre-assigned check-in time for the move-in day based on your last name. Follow the directions on the parking map to get to your check-in location. There will be people on campus to direct you and answer any questions.
- The student will go to the check-in station before unloading. There you will receive your move-in pass and room key which will allow you our staff to help you with the move-in process.
- Once you have your move-in pass return to your vehicle and hold the pass up. A trailer driven by an Emporia State Staff member will come by for you to unload your things onto. That trailer will then drive up to the front of the building.
- Then a team of our friendly Hornet Helpers and Residential Life staff will help you carry your belongings up to your room. This is why we need you to pack your belongings in boxes/tubs and label them with your name and room number. We have an excellent track record for making sure things get to the correct room and you can help us continue the track record by labeling your belongings. We have a visual step-by-step guide for the check-in process below!
- If you are moving into the Towers Complex, as you are going through the building we ask that if you are able, you use the stairs if you are on the ground floor through the 5th floor. This will help clear congestion from the elevators for others who are moving carts.
- If you are moving into the Morse Complex, we as that you use the nearest elevator to your room. Staff can help direct you to the nearest elevator.
- Once you get your belongings moved into your room please move your vehicle to the satellite parking lot so others can park closer to the building to unload.
- Orientation activities will begin Friday afternoon and continue throughout the weekend. You will want to participate in the Orientation activities to learn our Hornet ways and get to know your fellow Hornets.
The mailing addresses for the Residential Complexes are below. The Towers Complex includes North Tower, South Tower, Singular and Trusler Halls. The Morse Complex includes Central Morse and Northeast Morse Halls