President's Award for Research and Creativity
This award is intended to honor an ESU individual who has been active in research, scholarly activity, or creative endeavors.
- Faculty with the rank of instructor or above
- Full-time unclassified staff
- May only receive this award once every five (5) years
PLEASE NOTE: Only peer-nominations are accepted (self-nominations will not be accepted)
Nominations Must Include the Following:
- Samples of publications, research/creative products (will be returned if requested)
- Explain why this individual deserves to receive this award (maximum of one page)
Please be specific - nominations will be reviewed by individuals outside of your discipline.
Nomination will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Faculty Research and Creativity Committee
- Award recipient will be notified by April 6.
- Recipient will receive a $2,500 stipend and a blown glass award designed by the Art Department. The recipient will be recognized at the Research and Creativity Day award ceremony, scheduled for Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
- Recipient's name will be added to a plaque which will hang in the President's suite in Plumb Hall.
NOMINATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE RESEARCH AND GRANTS CENTER, PH 313F, BY 5:00 pm, Friday, MARCH 16, 2018
- Books published by a university press (or equivalent).
- Blind reviewed publications in international, national, regional, or state journals.
- Invited publications in books or in international, national, regional, or state journals.
- Textbook publications.
- Instructional materials/manuals/workbooks.
(*) Including electronic peer reviewed journal publications.
- Featured/Invited exhibition.
- Juried exhibitions of creative work(s) (e.g., Museum Exhibit, etc.).
- Public presentation of creative work(s) (e.g., gallery showing, play, performance, etc.).
- Peer reviewed presentation of research at a national, regional, or state conference.
- Invited presentations of research or creative works.
Recognition for Scholarship and Creative Activities:
- International, National, Regional, or State Awards/Recognition.
- Research Fellowships.
- Visiting Professorships (based on areas of expertise).
- Artist-in-Residence Appointments.
- Peer Reviewers (Grants/Applied and Fine Arts/Publications).
- Membership on Editorial Boards.
Other Factors of Consideration:
- Applicants are judged in reference to/context of each other.
- Attainment of patents or copyrights pertaining to her/his professional expertise (e.g., technology patents or copyrighted software).
- It is important to clarify and recognize that a juried show in an arts/humanities discipline is equivalent to a major publication.
- Novel approaches to creative and research activities.
Questions may be directed to Pam Fillmore, ext. 5351.