66th Annual Celebration Welcomes:
Join us in Emporia, KS on Saturday, October 6th , 2018 for the 66th Annual White Awards Celebration and Ceremony!
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 5th
• 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Sign-in for the Read-Ins and Sleepovers
• 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Read-Ins and Sleepovers for 3rd through 8th Graders - Emporia Rec. Center. Read-ins with visiting authors are from 8:45-9:30pm - space limited to 100 students & adults.
Saturday, October 6th
• 7:30 AM - 10:30 AM: Autograph Sessions with 2018 Award Winners.
• 7:30 AM - 10:30 AM: Book and Souvenir Sales
• 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Children's Activities
• 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM: Parade around the Emporia State Campus
• 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM: Awards Ceremony - ESU - Webb Hall Memorial Union
Read-Ins and Sleepovers - (Register early! Space limited to 100 students and adults) - Join fellow students for read-ins with the winning authors and sleepovers at the Emporia Recreation Center. Participants must register ahead of time and space will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. One adult sponsor must accompany every 5 students. Students will have the opportunity to meet and talk with the visiting authors during the read-ins. Use the form below to register, or call the William Allen White Library Dean's Office for more information: 620-341-5040.
• Live performances
• Letter to Authors
• Emporia Arts Council- Craft relating to books
• School Spirit Award - judging for the School Spirit Award will occur during the morning activities
Awards Ceremony - ($5 per person) - The festivities will conclude with an Awards Ceremony, at which time student representatives will present our award winning authors with their White Award Medals. The ceremony will include speeches from the authors. Tickets should be ordered and purchased ahead of time to guarantee seats. Tickets will be sold at the door, but seats are assigned from the front of the auditorium to the back. Order early to get the best seats. Tickets paid for by a school check will not incur sales tax. All tickets paid for by personal check or cash will incur sales tax. Please add 8.5% sales tax. Use the form below to order Award Ceremony tickets, or call the William Allen White Library Dean's Office for more information: 620-341-5040.