Skip to content
Toggle Left Side Navigation

Request Access

What Who How
Access to BuzzIn (portal), or email Students, staff or faculty Contact the IT Help Desk at 1.877.341.5555, or email
Access to special SkyLab desktops Students, staff or faculty If a department or school has a special configuration for SkyLab, access to that instance is configured by enrollment in the school. For example, access to the School of Business SkyLab desktop is restricted to School of Business students and faculty.
Access to shared network drives (W:/drive, X:/ drive, etc.) Staff and faculty Request is made on your behalf by the Data Access Coordinator in your department. Usually this is the Administrative Assistant.
Access to INB (Banner) Staff and faculty Banner access is granted individually and must be requested for each person that will need access. Not only will access need to be requested, but which modules in Banner you will need. Your Administrative Assistant will be able to help you with this and will make the appropriate request using the Banner Access Request Form.
Access to Cognos (university reporting tool) Staff and faculty Access is requested on your behalf by either the Administrative Assistant in your department, or by your direct supervisor. Additionally, specific reports will also need to be requested and approved by the data owner. Use the Cognos Access Request form.
Access to Global Distribution Lists Staff and faculty Certain positions on campus have built-in access to global distribution lists. The Guidelines for Distributions Lists explains the use of these lists. If you need access to one of the lists, contact the IT Help Desk at 1.877.341.5555 or
Access to Department Distribution Lists Staff and faculty Distribution Lists created for departments, are visible to everyone, however not all users have permission to send from these lists. Access to send to, or add and remove people from the list, is requested by the department Data Access Coordinator in your area.
Door access Students, staff and faculty Doors which have card reader access are managed by IT Security for employees. Residential Life manages the security for student access to the Residence Halls. Special access or requests are made through the IT Help Desk. Email to request.
Key Request Requests for building or office door keys can only be made by designated key requestors. See your department Data Access Coordinator (DAC).