MACC Master of Accountancy
GMAT Waiver! Applicants who have an overall GPA of 3.50 or better from an AACSB-accredited undergraduate program are exempt from having to take the GMAT, GRE, or 3 years of managerial/leadership experience.
The School of Business at Emporia State is fully accredited by AACSB International, a mark of excellence held by less than 5% of business schools worldwide. This degree will provide you with the skills required for the CPA exam and increased responsibilities in accounting. Having a Master’s Degree in Accounting prepares you for careers in professional accounting in the areas of government, management, and public accounting.
The MAcc program at Emporia State is one of the most affordable and flexible programs in Kansas. The MAcc program is structured for working adults who want to advance – personally and professionally. Degree completion time is determined by the student’s semester course load and status as a full-time or part-time student. The Master’s degree is 30 credits or 10 classes. Students will work directly with their advisor to determine their individual degree completion time. The program is offered completely online, or students can enroll in a combination of online or face-to-face classes at the Emporia campus. The program will prepare students for the 150-hour requirement to sit for the CPA exam in Kansas, as well as other states.
Master of Accountancy is also available in an accelerated online path.
Professors who teach MAcc courses at Emporia State must meet the high standards established by AACSB International. These professors work actively as consultants to businesses and government agencies and serve in leadership positions in professional organizations at the state and national level. Many professors have authored or co-authored articles and textbooks. The MAcc faculty members share in their classes a wealth of theoretical and practical knowledge, experience, and realism.Request More Information
What can you do with a degree in Master of Accountancy?
Requirements and Courses
*For the campus program
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Meet one of the following grade-point average (GPA) requirements:
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher on a completed master’s degree.
- Completion of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRE equivalent. GMAT must be completed with a minimum score of 450 and meet one of the following calculated MBA admissions formulas:*
- 200 x undergraduate GPA + GMAT score = 1050
- 200 x upper-division undergraduate or graduate GPA + GMAT score = 1100
- Minimum TOEFL score (if applicable) of 550. (TOEFL score is not required for applicants with a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university).