Skip to content
Toggle Left Side Navigation
MS Educational Administration

MS Educational Administration

Masters/Non-degree program in Educational Administration: This 35 hour graduate masters program or non-degree program will generally qualify the candidate for licensure as a building principal, assistant principal, or athletic director. Candidates will need to check with their state certification office to see if additional requirements are mandated by their specific department of education. This program is offered online and at Emporia Sate University Please note that each candidate must gain admission to a graduate program through the Graduate School, Campus Box 3, Emporia State University, Emporia, Kansas, 66801, (620) 341-5403, by completing the Graduate Application plus pay the one-time graduate application fee to the Graduate School or by applying on line at the following secure website Upon completion of the application and payment of the fee to the Graduate School, the candidate will be allowed to enroll in courses. In addition to meeting the requirements of the Graduate School, the Department of School Leadership and Middle/Secondary Teacher Education requires the basic admissions requirements listed below.

Program Homepage

Request More Information

What can you do with a degree in Educational Administration?

  • Building Level Administrator
  • Director of Athletics


  • Pre-K-12


  • Graduate Student Advisory Council

Requirements and Courses

  • Following items must be completed in the first semester and submitted to School Leadership/Middle and Secondary Teacher Education
  • Graduate School application
  • GPA of 2.75 on the last 60 hours of college course work for degee seeking students or last 30 graduate hours for non-degree building level administration. GPA of 2.75 on the first 30 hours of graduate work for district level administration
  • Official transcripts of all college work
  • Must be certified as a teacher/administrator (to perform professional role in public school district level applicants, must be eligible for licensure as a building administrator). Students outside of Kansas are advised to contact their state departments of education to determine specific state licensing requirements.
  • Must have a minimum of five years of accredited professional experience, to be eligible for the state building-level license.
Download Program Guide


We have currently one Graduate Administrative Assistant position.