EMPLOYMENT PROCEDURES FOR UNIVERSITY SUPPORT STAFF (USS) APPLICANTS
- Go to HRePartners.com and log in, or create an account if this is your first time applying for a State of Kansas job. We no longer accept paper applications, but computers are available in the ESU Human Resources office, local public libraries and Workforce Planning Centers for your convenience.
- Complete the required application questions. You can include your resume in your application by typing the information directly into your application or by using copy and paste features. If you think that you meet the requirements for claiming Veteran's Preference, please provide a copy of your DD214 to the ESU Human Resources Office, Campus Box 4044, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS, 66801.
- Once you complete and save your application you may update it at any time until the job close date. You should receive an email confirming your application has been submitted. If you do not receive an email, we did not receive your application, and you will not be considered for the position
- Typically the day after the job closes, Human Resources will review the applications to ensure each applicant meets the minimum requirements based on the state classification for that job, or the preferred qualifications listed in the job advertisement (when applicable).
- The hiring manager will further screen all of the remaining applications to determine who will be invited for an interview. Either Human Resources or the hiring manager will call applicants to schedule interviews.
- After the interviews, the hiring manager will determine who to hire, and work with Human Resources to develop a job offer. Wages are determined in accordance with the pay grade associated with the position, and the hourly or bi-weekly rate plans. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
- Once the offer is accepted, all applicants will be notified by email that the position has been filled.
An AA/EOE institution, Emporia State University encourages minorities and women to apply.
Please call the Office of Human Resources at Emporia State University, (620) 341-5379 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for other ESU employment questions.