Thank you for being a part of Hornet Nation! Being a part of Hornet Nation means you are a member of the Emporia State University family. Emporia State is focused on changing lives for the common good, and every member of Hornet Nation has an opportunity to contribute to Emporia State’s mission and future success. From alumni, fans, friends and community members to students, parents, faculty, and staff, we all lead by example, and our actions demonstrate what it truly means to be a Hornet.
Hornet Nation calls every Hornet to make an impact on Emporia State every year. Every Hornet, Every Year is more than just a tagline — it’s a call to action — a call to each and every Hornet to make a commitment to Emporia State University each and every year.
Recruiting the next generation of Hornets, hiring fellow Hornets, advocating for Emporia State University, and giving are actions that lead to positive impact. We are calling on you, Hornet Nation, to be the Hornet leaders of today by contributing to the current and future successes of the next generation of Hornet leaders.
This is the Hornet Nation way.
Every Hornet. Every Year.
Giving to Emporia State University provides sustainable resources for scholarships, academics, and athletics. There truly is no better investment than supporting the hopes and dreams of a student, and your gift has the ability to make a life-changing difference.
There are many ways to make a gift to Emporia State University:
- - Give Now at hornetnation.emporia.edu/givenow
- + Make a gift each and every year!
- + Connect with a Development Officer
- - All philanthropic gifts to Emporia State University are made through the Emporia State University Foundation, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.. The Foundation invests, manges, and stewards funds in the best interest of donors and the University.
New students are the lifeblood of Emporia State University. Your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins, friends and neighbors represent what could be the next generation of Hornet Nation. We are here to help you encourage students to attend Emporia State University.
- Request a recruiting packet. We would be happy to send you information and supplies to help you in your efforts to reach out to potential students. Packets contain an Emporia State viewbook, information about special recruitment days and campus visits, admissions counselor business card, postcards, pennant, bumper sticker, and license plate.
- Refer a Hornet! Know a student who would be perfect for Emporia State? Let us know by referring a Hornet!
- Sign up for Corky’s Crew! Did you or a Hornet you know have a new baby recently? Then sign up for Corky’s Crew! This program features special gifts for our newest members of Hornet Nation.
- Schedule a Campus Visit for a future Hornet. Nothing convinces a student to attend Emporia State quite like a campus visit.
College connections and a person’s alma mater create an environment that can be leveraged to advance one’s career. Helping current students prepare for their future careers, networking with other members of Hornet Nation to enhance your own career, and assisting others as they grow professionally are meaningful ways to build Hornet Nation.
- + Mentor a Business Major
- + Participate in an On-campus Recruiting Fair
- + Provide Internships for ESU students
- + Present to a campus club, organization, or class
- + Volunteer to help conduct a Mock Interviews or review a resume
- + Post Jobs on Handshake
- If you hire new graduates, then we encourage you to utilize Handshake to advertise your internship or full-time opportunities to our students and alumni. There is no cost to post jobs and this system allows you to query Emporia State student resumes, search for particular majors and skills, and register for all on-campus recruiting events. To create and manage your employer profile, go to www.emporia.edu/careerservices/employers
- If you are targeting a mix of new and seasoned professionals, then consider adding your job to our LinkedIn Group. The Emporia State University Alumni group on LinkedIn currently has over 1,600 members to announce your opening to.
A strong public system of higher education is important to the future of our state and is central to ensuring the freedom our nation is founded upon. Public school systems provide access to opportunities for every citizen to improve his or her life. As advocates for Emporia State University and higher education, you ensure that Emporia State’s vision is advanced – you ensure that we have the opportunity to change lives for the common good.
- + Serve as a Hornet for Higher Education
- + Get to know your elected officials
- - Sign up to receive your legislators’ email newsletters.
- - Follow your legislators on Facebook social media.
- + Attend an Event