What to Expect / Overview
"It was a ton of fun, would highly recommend" - 2016 camp participant
The camp expands participants’ understanding of leadership and challenges them to lead in their daily lives. Through interactive sessions, participants gain the knowledge and skills needed to make meaningful contributions in the leadership challenges they encounter.
On Day One, the experience begins with large-group activities. The evening events include laid back outdoor games and conversations while staying in the on-campus residence halls together.
Arrive by 9:45 a.m. at the front entrance of the Towers Complex building at 1501 Market Street. Parking is available in the lots across the street from the Towers building and other lots along Market Street. (Open/free parking for summer months.) If you would like more information about the campus grounds, you are invited to view a campus map at http://www.emporia.edu/campus-map/. Once everyone has arrived we will go directly your rooms in the residence hall and you may leave items there before beginning the morning activities.
For Day Two, the sessions are focused on experiences with participants learning to help each other via small groups. The camp ends at 3:30 p.m. with participants departing on their own or with parent/guardian.
What to bring:
- Students should bring along a sleeping bag (or twin XL bedding), pillow, and towel.
- Casual clothing. Tennis shoes are recommended.
- Please come to camp with a personal challenge or issue that you would like to address in mind.
- Four meals will be provided (Lunch & Dinner on the first day; Breakfast & Lunch on the second day)
- If you have dietary restrictions be sure to include special needs in the registration form!
If questions please contact the Honors College at 620-341-5899 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org