Leadership is mobilizing others
to make progress on deep,
daunting, “adaptive” challenges.
What will you get out of attending the adaptive leadership summer camp? Participants will…
- Gain a thorough understanding of adaptive leadership through teachings based on the Kansas Leadership Center.
- Identify areas within their own lives where adaptive leadership is needed.
- Experience dealing with various interpretations and generating solutions to solving adaptive challenges.
"Team building was fabulous. Experience was invaluable" - 2015 camp participant
All curriculum will be taught by current Emporia State University Honors College students partnering with university KLC Faculty in Residence. This student-participant instruction design will give attendees an opportunity not seen at most leadership camps.
With the use of small groups, participants will have the opportunity to engage in conversations with instructors digging deeper than the surface level.
- Diagnose Situation
- Manage Self
- Energize Others
- Intervene Skillfully
- Leadership is an activity, not a position.
- Anyone can lead, anytime, anywhere.
- It starts with you and must engage others
- Your purpose must be clear.
- It's risky.
“ESU's camp provided my daughter with an opportunity to have another experience with the KLC principles and competencies and that was something she truly wanted” - Parent of participant