Skip to content
Toggle Left Side Navigation

Financial Assistance for Graduate Students



Graduate assistantships are available in academic and non-academic offices across campus. For information on graduate assistanships, email the graduate office or phone us at 620-341-5403.

Corky Plus Tuition

Graduate students from these Missouri counties qualify for Corky Plus tuition (same as resident tuition) at ESU:  Buchanan, Caldwell, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Dekaib, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Livingston, Platte and Ray counties.  Graduate students from these Oklahoma counties qualify for Corky Plus tuition (same as resident tuition): Canadian, Cleveland, Cherokee, Creek, Garfield, Grady, Grant, Kingfisher, Kay, Lincoln, Logan, McClain,Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Oklahoma, Okfuskee, Okmulgee, Osage, Pawnee, Payne, Pottawatomie, Rogers, Tulsa, Wagoner, and Washington counties. Review Corky Plus Tuition

Financial Aid

The Office of Financial Aid provides information and advising for graduate students in search of need based financial aid. We strongly encourage students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to ensure you are eligible for the widest range of assistance.  Students should also review Enrollment Guidelines for Graduate Students.  Students can also get answers to financial aid questions at


All veterans and current members of the armed forces along with current members' spouses and dependent children are eligible for in-state tuition rates at Emporia State University. 

Veterans are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Grant.  Scholarship will start in fall 2012.  Contact the Financial Aid Office, 620-341-5457, Plumb Hall 103, for information and application form.

Health Insurance

Any degree-seeking student currently enrolled for the semester at Emporia State University, who has paid full-time student fees (campus privilege fees), is eligible for basic health services. Families of students are not eligible to use Student Health Services but can find treatment on a sliding fee scale at the local Public Health Department (Flint Hills Community Health Center) nearby.

Graduate students holding a full-time (20 hours per week) graduate teaching or research assistantship for a complete semester are eligible for student health insurance with the university contributing toward the monthly premium. Graduate admininistrative assistants are not eligible for the subsidized student health insurance. Eligible graduate assistants can enroll for the health insurance through the Office of Human Resources, Plumb Hall 211. Insurance applications and brochures can be downloaded by clicking on the Insurance Link.

MSEP Program and NEARR Program 

The Neighbors in Education and Recruitment and Retention (NEARR) Program includes Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.

The Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP) includes Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.  Students must declare a major to be eligible.

Residents of all noted states are eligible for 150% of Kansas resident tuition. Review MSEP and NEARR click on 

Student Loan Repayment

Make Kansas your home after graduation in a rural opportunity zone (50 counties to choose from) and you can qualify for up to $15,000 in student loan repayments.  Check out for eligibility requirements and application information. 

Tuition and Fees

The tuition rates are available through the Business Affairs Office. If you have questions concerning tuition and fees, you can contact the Cashier's Office at 620-341-5170.


Facebook Icon Follow ESU_GradSchool on Twitter LinkedIn Icon