The E-TEAM is a group of highly-trained student leaders who serve as mentors, facilitators, and leaders for How2ESU programs. These students are selected through an application and interview process in the fall semester, and complete training and leadership courses in the spring semester. This team of students loves Emporia State University and wants to help students develop that same sense of pride in being part of the Hornet Nation! The E-TEAM:
- Serves as small group facilitators for The E-Experience
- Assists with Hornet Orientation events
- Serves as mentors for new students during the fall semester
The E-Experience is a 24 hour overnight summer program for new students to get connected to each other and to ESU before fall classes begin. The program includes interactive team-builders and small group activities to help students form connections.
Hornet Orientation includes two-days of events, sessions, and activities to welcome new students to campus, to provide important resources, and to help make ESU feel like a home away from home. Programming includes events to welcome all new undergraduate students, as well as events tailored to the specific needs and interests of traditional freshmen, transfer students, and non-traditional students.
E-TEAM leaders mentor new students throughout the fall 2016 semester. New students may sign up to have an E-TEAM peer mentor, which is a formal one-on-one relationship. As a mentor, E-TEAM leaders have regular contact with their mentees throughout the fall. Contact may include having a meal together, having a face-to-face meeting, attending a campus event together, taking the student to a resource office on campus or in the community, etc. The purpose of this regular interaction is to provide a consistent relationship for the new student and an opportunity for the E-TEAM leader to make sure the student is having a successful first semester personally, socially, and academically.
Required Duties & Responsibilities:
- This is a year-long commitment from January 2018– December 2018.
- Course Requirement:
- Leaders (1st Year)
- In Spring 2018, E-Team Leaders must enroll in the LR 121 Leading in Teams (1-Credit Hour) on Wednesday 3-5 PM.
- Mentors (2nd Year)
- In Spring 2018, E-Team Mentors must enroll in LR 131 Leading in Organizations (1-Credit Hour) on Wednesday 3-5 PM.
- Facilitators (3rd Year)
- In Spring 2018, E-Team Facilitators must enroll in LR 495 Leadership Capstone (1-Credit) course on Wednesdays from 3-5 PM.
- Participate in pre-E-Experience, pre-Hornet Orientation and other
- Facilitate at least one E-Experience session (held in July).
- Attend and help lead 2-day Hornet Orientation events (prior to
startof fall classes).
- Participate in the fall peer mentoring program.
- Monday, September 11, 2017 Applications are available.
- Monday, October 2,
2017Applications are due.
- Wednesday, October 4,
2017Notification of interviewinvitation.
- October 9- October 13,
2017Interviews take place.
- October 18,
2017Announcement of E-Team 2018.
- Create a short video (3 minutes or less) describing what it means to be a role-model to other college students. Include how you would describe a role-model, how you have been a role-model to others (giving specific examples of actions and experiences), and why this is important to being on E-Team.
- Fill out the doodle poll to show when you are available for an interview. Click here to fill out the doodle poll.
- Fill out the form below (uploading your video link).