USA Flag

Veterans Educational Services

Veterans and/or their dependents and reservists may qualify for educational benefits while attending Emporia State University. Interested students can obtain information on requirements and procedures from Donna Hanson, Veterans Educational Services Certifying Official, 103B Plumb Hall (620) 341-5457.

New or Transfer Students

Contact the Veterans Educational Services Certifying Official as soon as possible to determine what is needed to receive Veterans Administration educational benefits.

Returning Students

To continue receiving educational benefits each semester you must complete a Veterans Information Form.  It is beneficial to submit this form to the Veterans Educational Service Office, 103B Plumb Hall, as soon as you have pre-enrolled in classes each semester.


For specific information on each chapter and to determine which GI Bill you would be eligible for click on the links above.


Chapter 30, Chapter 1606 and Chapter 1607 students must report school attendance on the last day of the month to the Department of Veterans Affairs in order for the release of their monthly stipend.

Other sites to visit: Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Regional Office Toll Free Number: 1-800-827-1000

Emporia State University is a Military Friendly School