July 24, 2020: New Travel Policies and Communication Updates
Communication from ESU Fall Planning Group
July 24, 2020
Dear Hornet Nation,
As you know, we who comprise the ESU Fall Planning Group have looked at a myriad of details involved in operating Emporia State University during the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, we want to share with you new Travel Guidelines that cover any time faculty, staff or students must travel on behalf of the university. View the full document.
In general, travel for university business can resume but each request will be evaluated carefully. Considerations for the final authorization include whether goals can be accomplished without travel and how safely those who travel can be, both through social distance protocols and because of their destination.
Although this policy only refers to official travel for the university, we ask that all of us consider our personal travel and how it might affect the common good and health and safety of all on our campus.
We understand that this email is just one of many communications you have received; you may have communication fatigue. Please know that all communications are important. In case you cannot find an email, they also are posted on our Return to Campus website: emporia.edu/return.
These emails from Human Resources were sent this week to faculty + staff:
- Request to teach online (faculty)
- Work adjustments if you live with someone at higher risk from COVID-19
- Request to work remotely or develop a flexible work schedule (staff)
Future HR communication includes:
- Formal requests for accommodations under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- New leave codes for timesheets effective August 3
New and upcoming student information and communication
- The Student Services page on the Return to Campus site compiles a variety of student services with information about when these departments open and how to conduct business. Some prefer phone calls and Zoom appointments instead of walk-ins.
- You will receive an email with information about student academic adjustment requests.
- In the next 10 days, you also will receive student-specific return to campus information and a checklist at your home address for easy reference.
As always, we appreciate your patience while we work through these details. We look forward to seeing you when we return to campus next month.
ESU Fall Planning Group