ESU COVID-19 Data
Emporia State COVID-19 Dashboard
Students experiencing symptoms should contact the Student Health Center at 620-341-5222. Faculty and staff should contact their primary care physician. CALL before going to Student Health or your doctor's office.
The information provided in the weekly dashboard is data that Emporia State University has collected at the ESU Student Health Center beginning 1/1/2021.
- It is not possible to collect accurately a complete dataset of students, faculty and staff tested off-campus.
- Only those who indicate Lyon County as their place of residence are included in Lyon County reporting.
- Lyon County Public Health conducts contact tracing and will contact you if you have been identified as close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Symptomatic Test Results - Testing by ESU Student Health is primarily symptomatic and/or exposure-related.
Group Test Results - "Student group" is defined as a specific, identifiable group of asymptomatic students where testing the entire cohort of students is important to the health and safety of that group, or to the communities in which they interact (i.e. student teachers, recognized student organization, student athletes, etc.).
ESU will conduct periodic surveillance testing of students throughout the semester.
Weekly ESU COVID-19 Dashboard (as of Friday, 1/22/2021)
Definitions + Testing Information
- Testing conducted at ESU Student Health Center
ESU Student health center has both the standard nasal swab and rapid nasal swab tests.
ESU conducts testing for students who contact the health center who are symptomatic and/or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Faculty/Staff Testing + Test Results
ESU faculty and staff are tested by their primary care physician. Results are reflected in the county where the patient resides.
Employees are not required to report positive test results.
Lyon County Public Health (or the county in which the employee resides) conducts all contact tracing.