March 19, 2020: Message to May 2020 graduating students
Message from University Registrar
March 19, 2020
We sincerely regret that the May 2020 Emporia State Commencements have been canceled. Following CDC guidelines, Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly has prohibited all public or private mass gathering of 50 or more people into May. Because of this, Emporia State will cancel all commencement ceremonies scheduled for May 8 and 9. This includes the nurse pinning ceremony.
We know how very disappointing this is for our graduates and their families. We are exploring alternate methods to celebrate your academic achievements in meaningful ways and will communicate details when we have them.
The good news is that upon completion of your requirements we will still be able to award your degree and provide your diploma! Here are a few things you need to be aware of and/or complete in order for us to that.
- Cap & Gown Information: To order or return go to the link below.
- We want to ensure that your diploma is mailed to the correct address. Please submit the Commencement Response Form found at the link provided below.
- If your name will change prior to May 8, and you would like your new name on the diploma, email Tammy McEvoy the Degree Analyst by May 1 at email@example.com.
- Work from another College: Send official transcript(s) (those not previously submitted) to the Registration Office to the attention of Sheila Markowitz. If sent electronically, send to firstname.lastname@example.org. All transcripts must be received no later than June 9.
- All Incomplete or In Progress grades must be updated no later than June 9.
- Competency Requirements must be completed by May 9.
- PERKINS LOANS and/or STAFFORD LOANS (Subsidized/Unsubsidized): If you have borrowed from either of these loan programs while attending Emporia State University, you are required to complete exit counseling before leaving school. For questions, contact the Federal Perkins Loan Coordinator at 620-341-5340 and/or Office of Financial Aid, Scholarships & Veterans Services at 620-341-5457.
- Official transcript can be ordered online at www.getmytranscript.com.
- For questions regarding teacher licensing contact the ESU Licensure Officer, Andra Baldwin at email@example.com.
If you feel you are on the graduation list in error, please email the Degree Analysis Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.