After Graduation Information


You can order an official transcript online at or at the Academic Records Office, Plumb Hall, Room 108D.  IMPORTANT: Please be advised that transcripts will reflect your degree only after all the final grades and transfer credits have been posted.  

Teacher Certification

Teacher Licensing. If you are seeking your first initial Kansas Teaching License, apply using the Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE) online web application site at  


The ESU Education Licensure Officer verifies completion of an approved teacher education program, an earned bachelor’s degree and/or your officially awarded BSE degree, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale, a passing score on the Principles of Learning and Teaching Test and score(s) on the relevant content assessment(s).  Once requirements are verified, the KSDE online web application system will notify you via the email address you provided on your application to pay the license fee. An initial Kansas teaching license applicant must complete the Kansas Background Check including a fingerprint card and a $50 processing fee.  Cards are available in 208 Visser Hall, or by accessing


If you seek teacher licensing in another state, in most cases, you will also need a recommendation from the ESU Licensure Officer.


Any questions about the teacher licensing process should be directed to the ESU Licensure Officer, Andra Baldwin. She can be contacted at or 620-341-5412.

Future study

Students planning to pursue graduate study at ESU need to file an
application for admission with the Graduate Office, 313 Plumb Hall or online at

Graduation picture

A professional photographer will take a picture of you receiving your diploma from ESU's President Allison Garrett. Information about graduation photos can be found here