Major Field Test - Graduate Business Students
The MFT is an online multiple-choice examination that is administered to all graduate business students in their last semester, taken concurrent with Business Policy and Strategic Managment (MG 899).
As the only comprehensive national assessment for program evaluation of its kind, the ETS® Major Field Test for the MBA consists of 124 multiple-choice questions, half of which are based on short case-study scenarios. Questions employ materials such as diagrams, graphs and statistical data. Mathematical operations do not require a calculator. Most of the questions require knowledge of specific information drawn from marketing, management, finance and managerial accounting, or a combination of these.
There are several incentives for graduate students to do well on the MFT:
- We will publicly announce and recognize the top ten scores.
- We will provide a certificate to the five students who earn the highest scores.
- A $300 award will be given to the highest scorer, and a $200 award will be given to the 2nd highest.
- We will place the name of the higest scorer on a permanent plaque on 2nd Floor of Cremer Hall.
- High scorers can put the test score on their credentials.
Review materials and videos are available in the BU099/MG899 course for ESU students enrolled in MG899.