Master of Business Administration (on campus)
The MBA program at Emporia State University is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), a distinction held by less than 5% of business schools worldwide. The program consists of 12 courses, or the equivalent of 36 credit hours. The MBA is one of the most affordable and flexible business programs in Kansas. You will learn to lead, collaborate with others, and understand business holistically—from accounting and finance to management and marketing.
You can qualify for a GMAT with a Bachelor's degree in business from a regionally-accredited college of university with a 3.5 GPA or higher, a previous Master's degree, or three or more years of leadership/managerial experience (with resume submitted).
- You learn to lead and collaborate with others and understand business holistically.
- For more information on our online MBA click here. Our online MBA is the only program in Kansas ranked in the top 20 nationally, according to Affordable Colleges Online, and is one of the most affordable in Kansas. From the online MBA program, you can also include a concentration in Accountancy, Information Systems, or Marketing.
Master of Business Administration
Background Competency Requirements
Background - All MBA students must have a background in the following areas prior to enrolling in courses for which the background is necessary.
- Accounting (including Financial and Managerial)
- *Business Law (United States)
- College Algebra (or equivalent)
- Economics (including Micro and Macro)
*This requirement may be met by taking an undergraduate- or graduate-level law course approved by the MBA Director
Some or all of the background requirements may be met through academic credit or professional experience. Students otherwise admitted may take any course for which they have met the background requirement.
|Required MBA Core Hours|
|MG 853||Behavioral Aspect of Management||3 hours|
|FI 850||Advanced Financial Management||3 hours|
|MK 864||Marketing Management||3 hours|
|BU 820||Quantitative Analysis of Business Decisions||3 hours|
|*MG 899||Business Policy & Strategic Management||3 hours|
|IS 873||Information Systems for Managerial Decision Making||3 hours|
|BC 807||Managerial Economics||3 hours|
|*This is the capstone course which is taken in the students last semester.|
|Required Accounting Course|
|AC 843||Accounting Information for Management||3 hours|
|At least 6 of the 12 required elective credit hours mustbe in 800-level courses||12 hours|