Fall 2018 Tuition & Fee Payment
Students will NOT BE DROPPED from class for non-payment of tuition and fees.
If you are enrolled but DO NOT PLAN to attend ESU in Fall 2018, you must withdraw from your classes by the end of the 100% refund period (August 31, 2018) to completely reverse assessed tuition and fees from your student account. If you receive financial aid and then withdraw, you may be required to repay some or all of those funds. Failure to withdraw obligates the student to pay tuition, fees and all applicable charges on the student account.
All fees are due and payable on Friday, August 24, 2018 whether a billing statement is generated or not. For payment to be credited to your account by Friday, August 24 please allow time for mailing and processing. Financial aid must be authorized AND disbursed to be considered a payment on your account.
NOTE: Any student, with a balance greater than $100 on Friday, August 24, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. CT, will be charged an administrative fee of $50 for the extended payment plan.
If a student is unable to pay their entire account balance by Friday, August 24, a student may enter a payment plan any time prior to September 20th to avoid additional charges after the $50 administrative fee on August 24, 2018. Contact the Cashier & Student Accounts Department staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-341-5135. A signed extended payment plan must be on file with Cashiering Services in order to avoid additional fees on September 20, October 20, November 20 and December 20. If a signed payment plan is not completed and returned by September 20, students will be charged a $50 fee on the 20th of each month if the account balance is greater than $100. A student may also be charged the $50 if payment is not received per the payment plan.
Payments can be made online or at the Cashiering Services window located in Plumb Hall.
To pay online, visit your BuzzIn account and follow these instructions:
- Go to http://buzzin.emporia.edu
- Login: Username and Password
- Contact the Help Desk for Login Questions (620-341-5555)
- Login: Username and Password
- Select the “Academic Life” Tab
- Select the “Student Account Center”
- Select “Make a Payment”
- Follow the step by step instructions to complete payment
- A receipt will be generated once payment has been processed
1. Review your BuzzIn account for holds.
2. Update your permanent and mailing address information through your BuzzIn account or with the Registration Office.
3. Fees can be paid via your student BuzzIn account by electronic check or credit card. The University accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express credit card payments. Convenience fees apply for credit card payments. Check, cash and money order payments can be paid at Cashiering Services in Plumb Hall during regular office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT or through the mail (Campus Box 4080, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS 66801). Please do not mail cash. A computer will be available in Plumb Hall for those needing assistance with the online payment process.
4. Any scholarships, grants or loans must first be applied to tuition and fees. Any excess funds that become available will be refunded to the student. Students that have set up direct deposit authorization online through their student BuzzIn account will receive excess financial aid funds by direct deposit no later than Friday, August 17, 2018. Students who have not completed the direct deposit authorization will be issued a check. Checks will be available for students to pick up in Plumb Hall beginning Monday, August 20, 2018. Checks not picked up will be mailed to the student’s current mailing address no earlier than Friday, August 24, 2018. If your mailing address has changed, you must update your address online through BuzzIn or with the Registration Office.
5. In order to avoid delay of processing excess financial aid funds, all students are encouraged to have a Title IV Authorization Release Non-Institutional Charges and Prior Year Charges Form on file. This form is available at http://www.emporia.edu/busaff/important-forms or at Cashiering Services.
6. No student shall be permitted to finalize enrollment for any semester if there are outstanding delinquencies from prior semesters. Students with outstanding debts to the University, whether financial or material, may have their official transcripts and/or enrollment withheld.
7. If the University receives a returned check for fees, the University reserves the right to withdraw the student from classes and to charge the student fees due as of that date. Additional information is available from Cashiering Services.
Monday, August 20st - First day of class
Friday, August 24th - 5th day of class - All students must be paid in full in order to avoid an administrative fee. A fee of $50 will be charged to all students who have an account balance greater than $100. A student may enter a payment plan any time prior to September 20th to avoid additional charges after the $50 administrative fee on August 24, 2018.
Friday, August 31st - 10th day of class
- Last day for a tuition refund
- If you are enrolled but DO NOT PLAN to attend ESU in Fall 2018, you must withdraw from your classes.
Thursday, September 20th - Any account balance greater than $100 without a signed payment plan on this date will be charged a $50 late fee or $50 late fee if payment not received on payment plan.
Saturday, October 20th - Any account balance greater than $100 without a signed payment plan on this date will be charged a $50 late fee or a $50 late fee if payment not received on payment plan.
Tuesday, November 20th - Any account balance greater than $100 without a signed payment plan on this date will be charged a $50 late fee or a $50 late fee if payment not received on payment plan.
Thursday, December 20th - All account balances are considered past due and a $50 late fee assessed each month balance remains outstanding.
NOTE: The University reserves the right to correct clerical errors.