|Informal Bid Quotation Form||Informal Bid Quotation Form - Sample|
|Informal Bid Quotation Spreadsheet||Additional Specification - Sample|
|Informal Bid Quotation Spreadsheet - Sample|
- Purchases with a total price between $5,000 and $9,999, including shipping and handling, for an item or any given project (i.e., furniture for a room, promotional items needed for the semester, etc.) must be bid using the informal bid guidelines found at http://www.emporia.edu/busaff/.
- Orders shall not be split to avoid the $5,000 to $9,999 competitive bid process. Order splitting is a violation of state law and University purchasing policies.
- It is required that the department notifies a minimum of three vendors of the Informal Bid Quotation (IBQ). Vendors must submit bids on the IBQ form via mail or email to the requesting department by the closing date and time listed on the IBQ form. Late bids will not be considered. If the item is on a State and/or ESU contract, include a contract vendor as one of the bidders.
- Include a quotation number on the IBQ form. Departments should use their org number, fiscal year and sequential number for this purpose, i.e., 6040-1101.
- The department shall award the bid to the lowest responsible bidder taking into consideration conformity with the specifications, terms of delivery and other conditions imposed by the IBQ. Award will be by line item, group totals, or total lot, whichever is in the best interest of ESU. Shipping should be indicated either per item or by percentage for the possibility of items being awarded to multiple vendors.
- The department shall submit the Informal Bid Quotation spreadsheet, including vendor and bid information, along with the Informal Bid Quotation bid results and other supporting documentation to Purchasing. The department will indicate on the spreadsheet whether low bid is accepted or provide justification for bid selection. Upon completion of the review process, Purchasing will notify the department when the order can be placed.
- If the total cost exceeds $9,999.99, the bid will need to be posted in accordance with the formal bid process. The specifications will be used to publicly post a bid on the ESU Purchasing website. If a vendor provided the department with an IBQ bid, the vendor must submit their final bid to ESU Purchasing by the bid closing date. Purchasing will email the bid results in an Excel spreadsheet to the department for review. The department will respond to the results, indicating whether they accept the low bid or provide a justification for bid selection. Purchasing will notify the department when the order can be placed.