Here's Volume 43, Number 2 of Spotlight, the magazine for members of the Emporia State University Alumni Association!
You have three options for viewing the magazine, since we like to give you plenty of alternatives. On the left are links that take you to web pages full of Spotlight content.
Or, if you'd like to view the magazine in its entirety, click on the cover image above. (Make sure you click on the "Fullscreen" tab in the upper-left corner of the page that appears.) From there, you can navigate through the magazine by clicking either the arrows on the screen or the left and right arrows on your keyboard.
Option number three: Spotlight in conventional PDF form.
And as always, let us know what you think and what you're up to.
Spotlight Volume 43. Number 2
- Trading Spaces—students move in to Trusler Hall Moving in to Hotel Trusler.
- Look both ways A year's worth of sesquicentennial celebrating...now our attention turns to what's next.
- Calendar of events What's on the calendar in Hornet Nation.
- Pops Concert packs the house SRO at the Granada
- School of Business offering online MBA program Extending the market for an Emporia State MBA
- Enrollment tops 6,000 New initiatives pay off
- Jazz Ensemble headed to New York City Jazz in the Big Apple with a Hornet flair.
- Post-Sesquicentennial steps After the celebration, what's next?
- Around Hornet Nation See what your fellow Hornets have been up to.
- In Memoriam Noting the passing of Hornet alumni and friends.
- Capitol Federal® substantially upgrades Emporia State scholarship program Philanthropic leadership benefits students.
- A Visser homecoming Virginia Visser makes a Homecoming 150 visit.
- Mentoring teachers for excellence For the second time, 100 percent of ESU’s Teachers College mentored teachers achieve highest honor in profession.
- Distinguished Alumni Celebrating the achievements of four outstanding Hornets.
- Through the Years Honors, awards, marriages, births--and other things worth celebrating.
- Academic excellence Honors for Carlson, Neal.
- Farewell, Coach Kramer Larry Kramer, 1942-2014.
- Outstanding Recent Graduates Four more Hornet rising stars to watch.
- Students benefit from renovated Richel Learning Space Fall remodeling project a hit in Cremer Hall.
- For Sigma Sigma Sigma, good luck comes in threes - and twos An eventful summer, indeed!
- 2013 ESU Hall of Honor inductees Ceremony featured during Homecoming 150.
- TESOL program moves to The Teachers College Program teaches English to speakers of other languages.
- Doc and Coach Slay honored Celebrating two legendary careers
- Legislator bus tour stops at Emporia State Legislators get a Stingers-Up! welcome to Emporia State.
- Silent No More Campaign gifts start new bell-ringing tradition.
- New entrepreneur program is combined effort Business and education partnering for 3D Event.
- Cross Country teams compete at Regional, MIAA Championship
- Soccer reaches MIAA semifinals for first time A stellar season.
- All-Region 3 team includes three Hornets Davis, Stastny, Poston selected.
- Hornet Football goes 9-2, reaches NCAA II playoffs A 19-4 record over two seasons. Stingers Up!
- Tell us your stories Collecting a powerful series of Hornet memories.
- Summer program for Hornet athletes keeps students on track to graduate on time Positive reviews after one summer of operation.
- Volleyball team goes 18-11 for season Seven make 2013 All-MIAA Volleyball team.
- Dual-degree engineering partnership Creating pathways of success.
- Dual credit accounting program links Kansas high schools and Emporia State University Encouraging high school students to look at a career in accounting.
- Photo collection finds new home Images from 1991 trip to India donated to Emporia State.
- Remembering Bill Wygle R. W. "Bill" Wygle, 1926-2014.
- Best-selling author James Patterson establishes scholarships for The Teachers College Expanding literacy by encouraging potential teachers.