Incoming Freshman Full-Ride Opportunity
The Rudd Scholarship is a Kansas program for Kansas residents who qualify for a Pell Grant and have the grit and determination to achieve their long-term goals. This program believes in the Midwestern values of humility, hard work and integrity; the very values that make Kansas and its people great.
The drive: to help the brightest Kansas minds stay in Kansas and build new businesses, teach in schools, lead in communities and achieve excellence in all that they do right here in Kansas.
This scholarship is a competitive, 4-year award designed to pay any remaining costs associated with tuition and fees, books and supplies, and room and board after accounting for all other grants, scholarships and financial awards.
Deadline: 12:00 PM Friday, December 13, 2019
- be a US Citizen or a permanent resident
- be a resident of Kansas and qualify for in-state tuition
- have a cumulative, unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or above
- graduate high school in 2019 and enroll full-time in the Fall
- demonstrate financial need (Pell-eligible)
- Must be admitted and attend either Emporia State, Fort Hays State, or Wichita State University.
If selected, the scholarship can be renewed each year, providing the student submits a renewal application and meets the following criteria:
- maintains a 3.0 GPA each semester
- on track to graduate in 4 years
- completes the FAFSA form annually
- satisfactory participation in Rudd Scholar Program activities
Selection is based on the aptitude to succeed at the collegiate level, graduate in 4 years, and be a productive and contributing member of their chosen profession, community, and society as a whole.
For additional details, please visit the Rudd Foundation website.