Learn more about the Jones Foundation Tuition Voucher here!
To help undergraduates with a portion of costs
The Jones Foundation, named after Walter S. and Evan C. Jones, assists qualified, eligible applicants with a portion of the cost for their undergraduate education at an accredited institution of their choice. This program, exclusive to ESU and Flint Hills Technical College, came into existence in May 2008. This voucher is $1,000 per year, up to four consecutive years at ESU.
Students are eligible to renew the grant all four years, provided they successfully complete 12 credit hours and maintain a 2.0 GPA each fall and spring semester.
- High School Seniors currently residing in Coffey, Lyon or Osage Counties, graduating in the current academic year and attending either ESU or FHTC in the fall immediately after graduation. Students must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hour minimum) and seeking an undergraduate degree.
- Students attending ESU may be eligible to receive the grant for the four years following their high school graduation, provided they successfully complete 12 credit hours and maintain, at minimum, a 2.0 grade point average (gpa) EACH fall and spring semester.
- Students attending FHTC may be eligible to receive the grant for the two years following their high school graduation, provided they successfully complete 12 credit hours and maintain, at minimum, a 2.0 grade point average (gpa) EACH fall and spring semester.
The grant is not need-based; an application is not required.
- It is limited to only high school seniors.
- It is limited to ESU and FHTC.
- It is paid directly to the institution; $500 per semester, provided eligibility is maintained.
- If eligible, a student may receive both the Tuition Voucher and Undergraduate Education Grant.
This program is administered by the Office of Financial Aid, Scholarships, & Veterans Services:
ESU Financial Aid, Scholarships & Veterans Services
Plumb Hall 103
1 Kellogg Circle
Emporia, KS 66801