Lattner Student Teacher Scholarship
For students preparing to enroll in the student teaching portion of the teacher education program
The Lattner Family Foundation believes in the importance of higher education. To provide an education opportunity for all students, the Foundation has established the Student Teacher Education Scholarship Program. The number of scholarships awarded depends on availability of funds.
- be enrolled as a full-time student at Emporia State University
- be a senior, preparing to enroll in the student teaching portion of the teacher education program (Block 3: Elementary; Phase II: Secondary) and must meet criteria for admission to student teaching
- maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- demonstrate financial need as verified by records maintained by the ESU Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
- submit the completed application materials by the posted deadline
- Write an essay of no more than three (3) double-spaced pages (specifications detailed in the application).
- Submit two letters of recommendation detailing success in content method courses and field experience. Forms have been provided with the application materials.
- Submit the completed application, with the essay and letters of recommendation, before the posted deadlines to the Office of the Dean of the Teachers College:
The Teachers College
Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle Campus Box 4036
Visser Hall 211
Emporia, KS 66801
Students should submit an application prior to the semester the candidate is schedule to be student teaching.
For the upcoming Fall Semester: April 15
For upcoming Spring Semester: October 15
For additional questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org