Single Parents with Children Scholarship
For single parents with primary, sole, or joint custody of child(ren)
This fund has been established to assist single, divorced, or widowed Emporia State University students who are raising children and attending school simultaneously. This scholarship is for both undergraduates and graduates. Half the disbursement will be in the fall, the remainder in the spring.
This scholarship is renewable for up to three years.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a single parent with primary, sole, or joint custody of child(ren)
- maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA
- complete a FAFSA form for the academic year in which the scholarship will be awarded.
- Demonstrate financial need (as based on the FAFSA)
- be enrolled at ESU in at least 12 credit hours for the fall semester as an undergraduate student, or 7 credit hours for graduate-level.
Recipients seeking a renewed scholarship must:
- meet all of the eligibility requirements listed in the section above
- submit a new application each year (including all materials except letters of recommendation)
- complete 12 or more credit hours for undergraduate (7 for graduate) per semester and maintain a cumulative 2.75 GPA
Failure to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress will result in one semester probation period. The scholarship will be forfeited on the second failure to meet credit hours and GPA requirements.
If you have questions, please contact the ESU Financial Aid, Scholarships & Veterans Services, Plumb Hall 103: 620-341-5457.