Skip to main content

Non-Degree Seeking Admissions Process

If you just want to take a few classes, we have you covered

Expand your knowledge at Emporia State

Students wanting to take nine or less credit hours per semester at Emporia State who do not have a bachelor's degree or higher will need to fill out the Special Enrollment Form. Those who do have a bachelor’s degree or higher will work with the Graduate School.

If you are 60+ and interested in auditing a class for free, work with the Registration Office.

Step-by-step guide to applying

  1. Complete the Special Enrollment Form.pdf.
  2. Return your form to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by fax at 620-341-5599, email at, or by mail to Emporia State Admissions, Campus Box 4034, 1 Kellogg Circle, Emporia, KS 66801. You can also bring the form to our office located in the Emporia State University Memorial Union.
  3. When you are admitted, you will receive an acceptance letter with your Emporia State E-Number. Start at the Hornet 365 First Time User page to activate your account.