Distance Transfer Student Admissions Process
TRANSFER TO THE UNIVERSITY WITH A 96% CAREER OUTCOMES RATE
We are so excited you have decided to pursue a distance transfer program through Emporia State. Earning your degree from ESU will be one of the best investments you will ever make.
To be eligible for admission as a distance transfer student, you must have 24 or more transferable credit hours with a 2.0 or higher GPA on the transferring hours. If you do not have 24 or more transferable hours, you must have a 2.0 or higher GPA on the transferring hours AND meet at least one freshman admission requirement.
If you do not meet these requirements, please contact your Admissions Counselor for more information about potential exceptions.
Act Now — no application fee
For a limited time, no application fee is required to apply to Emporia State as an undergraduate student. Apply today!
Step-by-step guide to applying
- Apply to ESU. For transfer students who are taking classes entirely online or at one of our distance locations in Kansas City or El Dorado there is an additional $10 technology fee. Application fees can be paid online through the application portal, in person through the admissions office, or by phone at 620-341-5465.
- Have final official transcripts from all colleges attended sent to Emporia State. A high school transcript and ACT or SAT score is required if you have less than 24 transferable credit hours. An ACT or SAT score is not required if you are 21 years of age or older. Official transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent to us in a sealed envelope in the mail. Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded securely here.
- Apply for federal financial aid on the FAFSA website and connect with the ESU Financial Aid Office by calling 620-341-5457 or emailing email@example.com.
- Once you are admitted, you will need to activate your Hornet365 student account to set your password. Your student E number and username can be found here. Your temporary Hornet365 password is Esu******! (the asterisks are the last 6 digits of your student E number followed by the exclamation mark.) If you are having trouble logging into your account please contact our IT HelpDesk at 620-341-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out our scholarship page to apply for scholarships through our portal.
- To enroll, you will need to contact your Academic Advisor.