The Flint Hills Chapter 0106 was, chartered March 1, 1958. The chapter is based in Emporia, Kansas, and although members reside in various areas of Kansas, the majority of active members are from the Emporia State University and USD 253 communities. The Flint Hills Chapter sponsors the Future Educators Association chapter at Emporia High School.
2011-2012 Chapter Theme: "Recruit, Recognize, and Retain!"
- Publicize research-based knowledge activities and accomplishments by the Flint Hills Chapter and its members through presentations and/or publications.
- Recognize and celebrate outstanding contributions of PDK members and the Flint Hills Chapter by submitting individual or chapter award nominations.
- Cultivate and support next generation of educators by sponsoring events with Emporia High School, Emporia, KS, FEA® group.
- Increase and retain Flint Hills Chapter membership.
- Conduct an inquiry of area high schools to determine locations of existing future educator clubs. This information can be used to formulate plans for increasing area FEA® groups.