• Hotel accommodations at the Wellington Hotel (near Carnegie Hall).
• An orientation seminar--Welcome to New York!
• Theatre tickets to four productions selected from the best of Broadway and Off-Broadway.
• A week-long METROCARD good for unlimited subway and bus transportation.
• Guided escort to sites of interest, including the World Trade Center site.
• Hotel taxes on all rooms.
• Hotel baggage handling upon arrival and departure.
Backstage on Broadway
ESU Theatre - May 15-20, 2012
Emporia State University Theatre announces its New York Theatre Tour. Running from Tuesday, May 15 until Sunday May 20, the tour will be led by Jim and Lindy Bartruff. It provides an opportunity for theatergoers of all ages to enjoy live, professional theatre in New York City. The tour originates in Emporia, KS. But, through arrangements with your travel professional departures from other cities can be arranged. We'll provide information about ground transfers between the airport and the hotel when you join the tour.
The cost of the ground portion of the tour will be $1250 per person for quad rooms and $1558 per person in twin rooms. Accommodations in triples will be $1451 per person and singles at $2135. Our package price is competetive. The average rate for a NYC hotel room is almost $300 a night according the USA Today. But, by purchasing as a group, we are able to save money on the cost of our accommodations, theatre tickets, gratuities, tour providers and other events.
THEATRE TICKETS. The cost of theatre tickets to four productions is included in the quoted price. Tickets are always subject to availability. Our group choices will be announced soon but may be selected from among the following:
• Anything Goes. This popular revival stars Sutton Foster.
• The Book of Mormon. Award-winning musical from the creators of South Park.
• Clybourne Park. A Pulitzer-winning play about race-relations in the US from 1959 to today.
• End of the Rainbow. An award-winning British play with music about Judy Garland.
• Evita. A major new revival of the Webber-Rice bio of Eva Peron.
• Ghost, the Musical. A British musical based upon the film that starred Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore.
• Harvey. Jim Parsons from TV's Big Bang Theory stars in this all-star revival.
• Leap of Faith. A new musical based upon the Steve Martin film starring Raul Esparza.
• Mary Poppins. Based on the Disney film and co-produced with Cameron Mackintosh.
• Newsies. The popular Disney film has become a musical sensation.
• Nice Work If You Can Get It. A new musical with Matthew Broderick and Kelli O'Hara.
• Once. The critically acclaimed adaptation of the indy film about an Irish street singer and a Czech immigrant.
• One Man, Two Guvners. A new British comedy based upon The Servant of Two Masters.
• Peter and the Starcatcher. A prequel to Peter Pan with Christain Borle (Spamalot, Legally Blonde and Smash.)
• Spiderman, Turn Off the Dark. The musical sensation created by Julie Taymor, Bono and the Edge.
• Sister Act. Jarry Zak's popular musical based upon the Whoopi Goldberg film.
• War Horse. This award-winning British play is spectacular and moving.
HOUSING. Centrally located in Midtown Manhattan, the Wellington Hotel is a few steps to Carnegie Hall, City Center, Central Park and Broadway, New York's celebrated Theatre District. Fifth Avenue Shopping, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Lincoln Center, Times Square, MoMA and the Museum of Radio and Television are within easy walking distance. You'll be afforded ample free time during your week in New York to tour the sights, shop, attend sporting events or see other shows. We have reserved space at the hotel in various combinations. Total cost per person will be figured in quad, triple, double or single rooms. PLEASE NOTE: Meals and airfares are not included in the tour price. For best airfares, contact the airline of your choice -- OR -- your travel professional. Websites such as AAA, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Kayak are also recommended.
$750 QUAD (4 people per room at $1250 per person)
$951 TRIPLE (3 people per room at $1451 per person)
$1058 DOUBLE (2 people per room at $1558 per person)
$1700 SINGLE (One person at $2135)
AIR TRAVEL TO NEW YORK. You need to book air travel on your own. Current airfares range widely, depending upon the city of origin, bonus programs, etc. We recommend that you contact your local travel agent. Websites such as AAA, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Kayak are also recommended. The sooner you book your flight, the better the fare. We'll provide you with information about ground transfers between the airport and the hotel when you join the tour. Current airfares between Kansas City and New York are between $280 and $480. There are also good rates out of Minneapolis and other cities in our region.