TRIO Talent Search is a free outreach program funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Talent Search is one of a group of TRIO programs that promote educational opportunities. Through early intervention, the program is designed to encourage participants to remain in school and to pursue post-secondary education. Talent Search assists 6th-12th grade students in the Emporia, Leavenworth, and Atchison areas. Adults who have the desire to continue their education are also welcome.
Who is eligible?
- Students in grades 6-12th
- Students who are in alternative high schools or GED programs
- Adults who would like to pursue a post secondary education
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
What services are offered?
- Workshops on college planning, study skills, career and self exploration, and financial literacy
- Tutoring services and referrals
- ACT preparation
- Academic advising
- Assistance in completing college admission applications
- Information on college financial aid programs and resources
- Assistance with financial aid and scholarship applications
- General guidance on entry into post-secondary education
- College visits
If you feel that you or your student would benefit from our program, please call us at (620) 341-6230 or talk with your school guidance counselor!
This program is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Applications will be selected for program participation in compliance with the provisions of Section 427 of the U.S. Department of Education’s General Education Provisions Act (GEPA). Accordingly, access and participation will not be denied to applicants based on gender, race, national origin, color, disability or age.