Program eligibility requirements
In order to be eligible to receive services through SSS, you must meet at least one of the following federal requirements:
- First-generation college student, neither parent has a bachelors degree, or
- Low income, based on the current Federal TRIO Programs Annual Low Income Levels, or
- Documented physical or learning disability.
Enrollment and residential eligibility
You must also meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled or have been accepted for full-time study at ESU
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Meet the academic need criteria as established by the SSS Program
NOTE: Meeting first-generation, low-income and/or disability program eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission into SSS. Prospective participants must also demonstrate the ability to benefit from program services.
Students who have attained a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for the program.
If you feel that you or your student would benefit from our program, please complete this online application and email it to Marla Frye; print and mail to our office at 1 Kellogg Circle, Campus Box 4005, Emporia, KS 66801; print and bring it to our office at 323 South Morse Hall; or call us at 620-341-5097 to make an appointment with the Director.
For more information
Please fill out our inquiry form and we will contact you.