Secondary Phase I Application Instructions
Follow these directions to complete the Secondary Phase I application. Deadlines to complete the application and to meet with Dr. Bland are November 15 for a spring Phase I and April 15 for a fall Phase I.
1. Go to https://indri.emporia.edu . Enter your Buzz In Username and Buzz In Password. Click “login”. Contact the Help Desk with any questions or difficulties logging in, at 341-5555 (Toll Free: 1-877-341-5555) or email email@example.com.
2. Click on “Click here to activate my account”
3. Click on “Candidate Applications” and “Phase I Applications”
4. Student Information section: Click on “Click Here to Enter Student Info: and enter the information.
Note the following:
a. For “Phase I Entry Date” put the semester you will take Phase I, not the semester in which you apply
b. Complete the “Teaching Fields” section by selecting your licensure area(s) from the “drop-down” boxes.
c. Once the information is submitted, click “Submit Form”, then “Return to Application”.
5. Core General Education GPA section. Click Here to Enter Core Courses: to start.
a. You will see the ‘new’ general education courses. If you are using the ‘old’ general education courses, click on “Click if Requirements Don’t Match”.
b. Click “Submit Form”. Course grades will then appear.
c. For those courses not showing grades, choose the course you took from the drop down selection. Clicking on “Submit Form” will cause the courses to appear.
d. If you choose “Other”, click on “Look Up Classes: to see your course lists. Use the numbers below your course listings to advance to a different page of your list.
e. From the list, click on “Select” to enter the course. Enter correct general education courses only.
f. IF YOU HAVE TRANSFER COURSES NOT SHOWING, use this procedure:
1) Click on “Enter Other Classes Taken”
2) Choose the semester you took the course and fill in the course information
3) Click on “Add”, then repeat what you did for 7c-7e
6. Non-General Education Required courses section. Click on “Click Here to Enter Required Courses”. Repeat what you did in #7 for the courses listed.
7. Review all information so far for accuracy and print what you have.
8. 100 Hours of Child Advocacy Service. If you need the 100 Hours of Child Advocacy Service forms, get them by clicking on “Click Here for the Forms”. Then, print them off and complete them in writing. Make sure you have the 100 hours form(s) signed by each supervisor.
9. Disclosure Statement. Complete it by clicking on “Click Here for the Forms”, printing the pages
off and completing them in writing. Put your initials in the boxes next to the “Yes” or “No” for each statement.
10. Print off the “Signature Form:, read the statements and put your initials in each box beside each statement, sign and date it at the bottom, and obtain your adviser signature.
11. Make a copy of the completed application for your records including the 100 hours and Disclosure forms.
12. Staple these pages together: the application, 100 hours, Disclosure forms, and the Signature page. Please leave the transcript separate. You will turn in the original documents to Dr. Bland.
13. Sign up for an admission to Phase I appointment with Dr. Bland on the wall outside his office, VH203. Bring all the application materials to the appointment.