Educational Administration District Licensure
Emporia State University's District - Level Certification program for educational administration is an 18 hour program. Classes are available online during the summer and the practicum is online during the fall and spring semesters.
Admission to the program is initiated through the School of Graduate Studies and Research by completing the application found at Apply Here. In addition to meeting the requirements of the Graduate School, the Department of School Leadership/Middle & Secondary Teacher Education requires the following items be submitted to the Graduate Office at email@example.com:
1. Copy of state issued building level license
2. GPA of 3.25 on the first 30 hours of graduate work
3. Completion of either the MAT or GRE test
4. Official transcripts of all college work completed
5. Evidence of one year experience in a certified role in the public schools (five years accredited professional experience required for certification) or administrative endorsement on certificate verified by the supervising administrator on the Recommendation Form
6. Two references from supervisors or individuals who have had responsibility of evaluating your academic or professional performance. When you apply for the graduate program, the reference requests will be sent via email to your reference providers.
7. Current resume or vita
8. Statement of professional goals for school administration
9. Complete and pass the Department Essay.
10. Complete the Disposition form.
11. ESU faculty approval utilizing the Graduate Admissions Rating Form
In addition, the applicant must have completed a total of 60 graduate credits, above the baccalaureate degree, at the time of certification.