Emporia State University Teacher/Specialist/Leadership Licensing
Licensing in any state can be confusing, including in Kansas! The Emporia State University Licensure Officer has provided information here to help guide you through the process and assist you in understanding what you need. Most information for licensing comes from the Regulations and Standards for Kansas Educators from the Kansas State Department of Education website.
Contact the ESU Licensure Officer, Shannon Hall, when you need assistance or just have questions! She can be reached by phone at 620-341-5412 or by email at email@example.com.
Please check these pages periodically for new information that may have occurred due to state licensing changes or ESU program changes.
Important information regarding Praxis testing and School Leadership testing as required by ESU and/or the Kansas State Dept. of Education (KSDE)!
To find out which test you must take for your ESU teaching or school specialist program: www.ets.org/praxis/ks
To find out which test you must take for your ESU School Leadership program: www.ets.org/sls/ks
The above websites are maintained by ETS in cooperation with KSDE. If you are unsure of which test is required for your degree and/or Kansas license, you are always welcome to contact the ESU Licensure officer.
The menu below is a guideline for the type of information to be found in the Licensure section. Please bear with us as we create these pages! If something does not appear and you have questions regarding licensure, please do contact Shannon Hall, ESU Licensure Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Types of Kansas Licenses
- Kansas Criminal Background Clearance
- Becoming a teacher through ESU
- Seeking a 1st bachelor’s degree
- Seeking a 2nd bachelor’s degree
- Post Baccalaureate Licensing
- Alternate Route
- Renewing a license
- Applying for first Initial License
- Upgrading to a Professional License, Performance Assessment
- Applying to add an endorsement
- Requesting a waiver for special education or another teaching area
- Applying for a Provisional license
- Adding an endorsement by testing
- Applying for a license/certificate in another state
- KSDE Teacher Licensing and Accreditation information
- Contact us