|ELEMENTARY EDUCATION OVERVIEW|
|PROGRAM OF STUDY|
Elementary Education / Early Childhood / Special Education
Elementary Education Program
There are many scholarship opportunities for Emporia State students. Below are resources for you to learn more.
- Elberta Harris Scholarship - Deadline of December 16, 2016. For incoming freshmen and continuing undergraduate students who have graduated from Johnson County, Kansas, high schools and are pursuing teaching degrees. Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, application, essay, letters of recommendation, transcript, and application for admission to ESU. Contact the Dean of The Teachers College for more information at 620-341-5367 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The application can be found here.
- Future Teacher Scholarship - Each year college students can apply for scholarships from Kansas PTA. These scholarships are geared to students wanting to continue their careers as teachers in Kansas are encouraged to apply. Learn more...
- The Kansas Board of Regents offers the Kansas Teacher Service Scholarship. Learn more...
- A TEACH Grant can help you pay for college if you plan to become a teacher in a high-need field in a low-income area. You will be required to teach for a certain length of time, so make sure you understand your obligation. Learn more...
- Wondering whether you can get your federal student loans forgiven or canceled for your service as a teacher? The US Department of Education and Federal Student Aid offers a Loan Cancellation/Deferment Option for Teachers. Learn more...
- The Breidenthal Education Scholars Program provides scholarships for students from Wyandotte County who are seeking their elementary education degree through the ESU/KCKCC Distance Partnership Program. To learn more, email ESUscholarships@emporia.edu.
- The Salina Education Foundation’s LIFT (Loan Initiative for Future Teachers) program provides up to $5,000 per year for Saline County students who are working on her/his initial teaching certification. The application deadline is January 31, 2017. Learn more...
- Check out the ESU Scholarships and Grants page to find more information.