Thank you for your interest in the CECE Summer School Age Program. We hope this page will answer some of your basic questions regarding our program. If you need any additional information, please contact us at the CECE. I will be glad to schedule a tour of our center at your convenience.
Dates for the Summer SA Program:
* Closed for Memorial Day
* Closed for Independence Day
Hours of operation for this program extend from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Breakfast, lunch, and snack are included in the price of the program.
Your child’s day will be spent in a classroom staffed with experienced personnel. The lead teacher is certified in Elementary Education, CPR, & educated in first aid procedures. The teacher assistants are ESU students pursuing degrees in the field of education.
A wide variety of activities will be offered to keep your child challenged and entertained throughout the day. To keep you informed, weekly lesson and activity plans will be posted as well as notices of any special upcoming events. You will also receive monthly newsletters to keep you informed of classroom and center events.
We attempt to keep our Schoolagers as busy as possible...and on the go! Some activities outside of the classroom include:
* Swimming at ESU Pool - at least 4 days per week
* Flint Hills Movie Theater Summer Movie Program - weekly
* Emporia Public Library Summer Reading Program - weekly
* Educational Field Trips - every other week when available
* Jones Park, Hammond Park, Peter Pan Park, walks on campus - at least 1-2 times per week
Whenever possible, we also participate in the University’s teacher training classes in art and P.E. (Student teachers work with the children to gain skills in planning appropriate activities.) Activity supplies, swimming passes, transportation fees, and movie theater tickets are included in your weekly fees.
The fee for the School Age Program may be found on our fee schedule. A discount is available for full time ESU students. You may choose to have your child attend full-time or half days. However, the price remains the same for all schedule options. We ask that you fill out the schedule section of the application form carefully, as we will use this information to determine our staffing and enrollment schedule for the summer.
You can access our Summer School Age Application by clicking on the appropriate link and printing it off. Please complete and return the form by mail or fax. When you are offered an enrollment slot, a $45 reservation deposit* will be required. In addition, completion of the required paperwork is necessary before your child begins the Summer School Age Program.
* Reservation Deposit Refund Policy: If you cancel your child’s enrollment 4 or more weeks (28 calendar days) before the first day of the summer semester, $25 of your $45 deposit will be refunded. If you cancel less than 4 weeks (28 calendar days) before the first day of the summer semester, your deposit is non-refundable. At the end of the semester, your deposit is refunded to you per policy as stated in parent handbook.