The Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) has awarded the Emporia State Rehabilitation Counseling Program (RC48) with funds toward tuition and stipend support of up to 20 scholars.
Now Accepting RSA Scholarship Applications for Summer 2017
Applications due by March 31, 2017
Notification of acceptance by May 1, 2017
The Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) has awarded the ESU Rehabilitation Counseling Program (RC48) with funds toward tuition and stipend support of up to 20 scholars. We are now accepting applications for our second cohort (10 students) to begin their studies Spring 2017.
The funds cover the following towards a 48-credit, online rehabilitation counseling master's degree:
Full tuition (9-12 credits per semester)*
One Stipend per Semester between $1,000-$2,500*
*pending availability of funding
If accepted, RSA Scholarship recipients must agree to:
- Complete their internships at a State VR agency (any state)
- Complete their studies and fulfill graduate requirements by the end of seven (7) consecutive semesters
- Attend four conferences relevant to rehabilitation counseling and disabilities, and
- Take a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) exam in lieu of graduate program comprehensive examination or portfolio.
RSA Scholarship awards are contingent upon agreement by the scholar that for every year of support they receive, they will "payback" the funds by working for two years at a state or non-profit program that provides rehabilitation counseling.
- Must be a resident of Kansas or Nebraska
- Applicants must submit an online application and a $40 application fee to the ESU Graduate School and complete all admission application requirements (including official transcripts and letters of recommendation)
- Applicants must submit online a two-page letter of interest include including:
- Professional and/or personal experience with people who have disabilities
- Statement of how the scholarship will contribute towards future professional goals working with people who have disabilities
- Statement of how the student will utilize resources (i.e., academic, community, and family support, commitment to self-care, boundaries, work schedules, and study habits) to successfully complete an online degree
- Completion of the RSA Scholar Packet. Forms to be returned (see instructions on the application):
- SSN Document (to be mailed or faxed; do NOT e-mail this form)
- Additional items for your information:
- Completion of a video conference interview with ESU Rehabilitation Faculty (interviews may be scheduled prior to the deadline, but may not occur until after all applications have been submitted)
- Questions or requests for additional information may be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org