Information Security at ESU
Emporia State University understands that some information provided by students, faculty, staff, or gained by other means is an important asset that needs to be protected. Information Security at Emporia State is everyone’s responsibility. How can you help?
- Keep your computer up to date with latest system software patches and anti-virus software.
- Scan for spyware often.
- Do NOT open attachments you were not expecting and never open attachments which have the extension of .EXE and .SCR.
- Do NOT respond to any e-mails asking for your User ID and password; delete them immediately.
- Do NOT share your password, EVER.
- Use a strong password.
- Watch Buzz In announcements for tips and urgent announcements.
Have a question about the policies? Contact <firstname.lastname@example.org>.