Student Learning Opportunities
The Alcohol Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program (ADAP) seeks to reduce the misuse and abuse of alcohol and other drugs, and supports healthy lifestyles on the Emporia State University campus.
The ADAP Program offers alcohol/drug abuse prevention education and services to help avoid potentially self destructive behaviors. It also encourages those wanting assistance with developing positive lifestyles.
Why Does ADAP Work ?
It works because the program is non-judgmental. Participants get the specific information they need to reduce their risk for alcohol and drug problems.
BASICS is aimed at college students 18-24 years old who drink alcohol heavily and have experienced or are at risk for alcohol-related problems such as academic failure, social conflicts, accidents, sexual assault, or violence. The program was not designed to treat alcohol dependence and is unlikely to resolve the disorders of students who are severely alcohol dependent, but can be used for those students in a stepped-care model that provides them with a comprehensive assessment, feedback, advice and referral to specialty care.
On Campus…Talking About Alcohol (OCTAA)
Alcohol Information School is a curriculum developed by the Prevention Research Institute, which addresses the following questions and provides a program that changes behaviors.
- How can we reduce the risk for alcohol and drug problems?
- How can we empower students to make low risk drinking choices to prevent problems for a lifetime?
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention ( ADAP)
Certified Alcohol and Drug Programs
Alcohol/Drug Information School meets requirements by the court for:
- Court Evaluation: A/D Evaluation Substance Abuse Evaluation
- Minor In Possession - MIP
- Minor In Consumption (MIC)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol ( DUI)
- Possession of drug
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Alcohol and Drug Prevention Program Services
- Both PREVENTION and INTERVENTION(for existing problem)
- Ongoing support and consultation
- Addiction Counseling
- Awareness-raising activities
- Class presentation
- Group A.A ACOA etc…
- Assistance meeting demands of college
- Risk reduction that works for a lifetime
- Alcohol Information School
- Peer EDUCATION: The BACCHUS philosophy is that students can play a uniquely effective role - unmatched by administrators - in encouraging their peers to consider, talk honestly about and develop responsible habits and attitudes toward high-risk health and safety issues.
Greeks Advocating Mature Management of Alcohol
We are a peer education program that focuses on alcohol abuse prevention and other student health and safety issues. Our mission is to actively promote peer education as a useful element of campus health education and wellness efforts.
ADAP Out-Reach Presentations
Contests will be performed wearing magic goggles
Join ADAP and the Recreation Services for fun & games!
Basketball Shooting Contest
Soccer Goal Kicking Contest
Tricycles Obstacle Course
Scooter Obstacle Course
Whether riding a tricycle or shooting free throws, the world looks much different when wearing "beer goggles".
Mocktail and Goggles
The RA's provide non-alcoholic mixed drink, while ADAP provide beer goggles and activity. The results should be funny and educational as participants learn the way that alcohol reduces motor skills.
"Sex, Drugs, and Chocolate"
ADAP provide you a box, you get your residents to drop in anonymous questions related to sex, alcohol and drugs - everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask! – ADAP collects the box after a week, get the answers to your questions, and come to your floor armed with the answers and chocolate! Great conversations and lots of silly laugh!