AlcoholEdu® for College
Message to Parents
Dear Parent or Guardian,
As the parent or guardian of a new Emporia State University student, you are an important part of your student’s undergraduate career. We value the partnership we are entering into with you in the education of your student and we are committed to devoting time, energy and care to this relationship.
We know that your student's ability to learn is enhanced when they are part of a safe and healthy community. Part of creating such a community is providing campus-wide approaches to health and using tools such as AlcoholEdu®for College, a requirement for all first-year freshmen. AlcoholEdu® is an online research-based alcohol prevention program that provides a tailored educational experience focusing on the impact of alcohol on the mind and body. Whether or not your student ever uses alcohol while at Emporia State University, AlcoholEdu® will assist them in making well-informed decisions as well as cope with the potential drinking behavior of their peers.
AlcoholEdu® on or after June 30, 2016 and includes three surveys that will assist your student in measuring his or her alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; Emporia State University will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual student answers. Beginning on or after June 23, 2016, you will have an opportunity to log on to the parent course http://parents.alcoholedu.com and use the following user ID to create an account, P155025PARENT.
We encourage you to talk with your student about the decisions they may be making concerning alcohol and drug use and we support your efforts to have these conversations. We value your contribution toward helping us maintain a safe and healthy campus community. If you have any further questions please contact Donna Drake at email@example.com or (call) 620-341-5222
Donna Drake LCAC, LPC
Login Instructions for Parents
IMPORTANT: Please read these instructions carefully.
- Do NOT share this Login ID with your child as he/she will not receive credit for registering under this account.
- We have provided your son or daughter with separate login instructions. Click here to be directed to login instructions for first year students.
To review AlcoholEdu® for College, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities. If access is difficult you may contact Donna Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org or 620-341-5222 The course for parental review will be available on beginning July 16, 2012.
- Go to: http://parents.alcoholedu.com
- Please review the minimum technical requirements available at the bottom of the AlcoholEdu® for College Login page.
- Under New User enter the following Login ID for PARENTS ONLY: P155025PARENT
- Click "Sign Up" and follow the on-screen prompts. You will be asked to enter an email address and create a password for the course. It is a good idea to write down the address and password you enter so that you are able to recall the information should you choose to log out of the course and log in at a later time.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
- As a reminder, as part of AlcoholEdu® for College, there are survey questions as well as knowledge exams. We hope you find it helpful to see the types of questions your child is faced with during the program; however, please note that it is not essential for you to respond to the questions while taking AlcoholEdu® for College.