AlcoholEdu® for College
Access the AlcoholEdu® self-help knowledge base by visiting www.alcoholedu.com and clicking the "Help" button at the top, right-hand side of the page. The self-help knowledge base is located on the left side of the help page.
If you are experiencing difficulties logging into the course or navigating the course, please contact the toll-free AlcoholEdu® hotline at 1-866-384-9062. This number is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Outside The Classroom supports a variety of computer configurations for all versions of AlcoholEdu®. While we recommend using Internet Explorer 6 and Flash Player 7 when taking the course, it will function as long as your computer meets certain minimum technical requirements. If you are unsure about your system configuration, you may log on to the course and use the information on the Media Settings page to help you identify any missing requirements.
DOs and DON'Ts for taking the course:
- DO have the minimum system requirements installed: Flash 7.0 or higher and Internet Explorer or Firefox. AlcoholEdu® is not compatible with the AOL browser.
- DO click the "Next" button at the end of each section to save your progress.
- DO click through each screen at log in: (1) Welcome Screen (2) Media settings screen (3) Course Overview screen.
- DO Disable all pop-up blockers and uninstall any toolbars. These can cause problems with the media files and cause them to loop over and over.
- DO NOT use the "Back" button on your browser.
- DO NOT have any other programs or applications open or running (such as Instant Messenger or music file sharing - Kazaa, Audiogalaxy, etc.)
- DO NOT play music or run video clips on your computer (CDs, MP3s, MySpace, other Web sites, etc)
- DO NOT have other browser windows open.
If you experience difficulty:
- Reboot your computer
- Choose "Audio Only" on the AlcoholEdu® Media Settings Page.
- Try another browser. We support Internet Explorer and Firefox
- If using wireless, connect directly to the internet for a fast connection.
- Try another computer
- Try a different internet connection (i.e. school lab or library, your home or home of a friend/relative). If using dial-up, find a faster connection (i.e. DSL or Broadband).
- Try a different time of day (during non-peak hours, i.e. morning).
DOs and DON'Ts for the Exam:
- DO take the Exam in one sitting -- if you log out during the Exam, the course will assume you are complete and assign a grade.
- DO use the "Previous" and "Next" buttons on the exam screen.
- DO contact the Student Online Technical Support Center if you experience a problem with the exam.
- DO NOT have other applications or browsers open with course review information.
- DO NOT use the browser's "Back" button when taking the exam.
- DO NOT have two browser windows open with course information in it at the same time. This may cause errors with your exam score.