See Regional Location pages for application deadlines:
Required Application Materials
- Office of Graduate Studies Application
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate colleges/universities attended. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required for full admission. Applicants with a GPA under 3.0 may be considered for probationary admission.
- Two letters of reference
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae
- Statement of Objectives: A statement of objectives focuses on how your experiences have shaped your professional and academic goals. You may choose to discuss why you hope to enter a master of library science program, what your current career objectives are, and what you hope to take away from your relationship with Emporia State University’s School of Library and Information Management. The statement of objectives should be no longer than two pages, double-spaced.
- Admissions Interview: An admissions interview, which would be scheduled with your regional program director, has been designed to provide you an opportunity to demonstrate your interest in SLIM’s MLS program as well as your own professional preparation and experiences, your professional promise, and your academic aptitude. It will also provide you an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the SLIM program and professional outcomes, shown on the Program Outcomes page. Effective March 2012 - The admissions interview requirement replaces the requirement for GRE scores.
Send all application materials (all relevant transcripts, letters of reference, résumé, and statement of
objectives) electronically to the Office of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
MLS Program Admissions
Office of Graduate Studies
Campus Box 4003
Emporia State University
Emporia, KS 66801
For information about the MLS Program, see the Master of Library Science Program page.
Supreme Librarians in Metaspace - a comic on reasons to join the SLIM program.