Deciding on a major is not an easy decision.
Talk with your advisor today about all of the opportunities that await you! Get involved in your education and help yourself to a career that is a good fit for you!
Strategies for Choosing a Major:
- Explore your personal strengths and weaknesses, interests and skills
- Talk to your academic advisor
- Talk to professionals in your general interest areas
- Join a student organization and participate in community service, such as volunteer work
- Start off thinking in a broad spectrum, then narrow your focus. For example, taking core classes provides insight into many different areas of interest while accumulating credits towards a degree
- Schedule an appointment with Career Services 620-341-5407, Memorial Union, Room #50 (basement). They will discuss your interests, your abilities, personality type, etc. To help you determine a career path.
- Once you've met with Career Services and have explored career options, consult with your academic advisor to help analyze your degree program.