The Student Advising Center (SAC) is the “go-to place” if you are a first-year student at Emporia State University.
What our SAC advisors can do for you
- Assist you in your transition to ESU
- Help you choose a major if you are ready
- Talk with you about clarifying or discovering your values, interests, and skills
- Explain the process of declaring or changing a major
- Assist you in selecting your courses
- Connect you with campus resources and real world learning opportunities
- Answer questions about ESU policies and procedures
The more preparation you do before your appointment with your advisor, the more productive your advising meeting will be.
- Investigate majors if you are Undecided/Exploring.
- Write down any questions you want to ask your advisor.
- Request Curriculum Guides for the majors you are considering in order to discuss schedule planning
When you come to your appointment, please bring a list of questions you have created, any major(s) you are interested in discussing, any exploration activities you have completed, and expect to discuss your goals.
We are located in Plumb Hall, Room 106. To schedule an appointment you can reach us at 620-341-5421, Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. To reach us via email for questions, there is a contact form available on the right of this page for your convenience. Please, no appointment requests via email.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ESU.AdvisingCenter