Move-In Day at Emporia State is an exciting time and one the entire Hornet Community comes out for! This page will help you get ready for move-in and hopefully answer all of your questions!
The information on this page is for students moving into Towers, Singular, Trusler or Morse. Our Hornet Helpers are only available to help our new students.
Residents of Morse Complex Move-In Schedule (August 13th)
Any returner students who check-in outside of our 6:00pm-8:00pm move-in timeframe on August 13th will check-in with the Reception Center. Meal plans for our Morse Complex residents will begin at lunch on 8/13/15
Residents of North Tower, South Tower, Singular & Trusler Halls (August 14th)
Meal plans for our Towers Complex residents will begin at dinner on 8/14/15
What to expect leading up to and including Move-In Day! There is a step-by-step visual guide to the actual check-in process below as well.
- Sometime by Mid-Summer you will receive your housing placement with Roommate Information.
- Remember to check your Emporia State email regularly. This is how we will be communicating with you. Contact Information Technology (IT) if you need help accessing your Emporia account.
- Reach out to your roommate and get to know them. Go beyond just reading their Facebook profile. There is so much more to us than our social media presence.
- Begin that relationship and coordinate who will be bringing what. You can check out our list of suggested items and what you can bring to the residence halls.
- Read over this website for information about move-in including what to expect on move-in day and links to our Orientation program.
- You will receive a pre-assigned check-in time for move-in day based on your last name. Follow the directions on the parking map to get to your check-in location. There will be people on campus to direct you and answer any questions.
- The student will go to the check-in station before unloading. There you will receive your move-in pass and room key which will allow you our staff to help you with the move-in process.
- Once you have your move-in pass return to your vehicle and hold the pass up. A trailer driven by an Emporia State Staff member will come by for you to unload your things onto. That trailer will then drive up to the front of the building.
- Then a team of our friendly Hornet Helpers will help you carry your belongings up to your room. This is why we need you to pack your belongings in boxes/tubs and label them with your name and room number. We have an excellent track record for making sure things get to the correct room and you can help us continue the track record by labeling your belongings. We have a visual step-by step guide for the check-in process below!
- If you are moving into the Towers Complex, as you are going through the building we ask that if you are able, you use the stairs if you are on the ground floor through the 5th floor. This will help clear congestion from the elevators for others who are moving carts.
- If you are moving into the Morse Complex, we as that you use the nearest elevator to your room. Staff can help direct you to the nearest elevator.
- Once you get your belongings moved into your room please move your vehicle to the satellite parking lot so others can park closer to the building to unload.
- Orientation activities will begin at 2:00pm on Friday and continue through that weekend. You will want to participate in the Orientation activities starting with the General Assembly for a welcome from Interim President Vietti. These activities are planned to go through until the start of classes on Monday morning!
Important Links and Information
- All of our Hornet Orientation Information will be posted and updated on the How2ESU page located here.
- If you have questions about the meal plans check out Dining Services.
- Check out our list of things you can and cannot bring with you to Campus here!
- Find a copy of our parking map for Move In here!
- Check out what people had to say about our Move-In Process in the past here!
- Download a copy of your parking request form here!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a parking permit?
Complete the above parking request form and return it to the Parking Department at the address on the form. You can pick up your parking permit at Police & Safety.
What furniture is already in my room?
Each resident is provided a bed, extra-long twin mattress, desk, desk chair, and closet or wardrobe. you can check out floor plans of the different rooms by clicking "Living On Campus" at the top navigation and selecting either "First-Year Residence Halls" or "Upper-Class Residence Halls".
What is a Resident Assistant?
Your Resident Assistant (RA) is a student just like you. Each RA lives on a floor and is responsible for creating a good community and planning events for the floor. You should talk to your RA first with concerns or questions!
Can I bunk or loft my bed?
To have your bed bunked or lofted prior to your arrival, complete the request form in the Residential Life Portal by August 1st. If bunking, your roommate will also need to complete the form to ensure the request is mutual. Bunking is available in all buildings. Lofting is available for students in Singular, Trusler & North or South Towers. We are only able to loft very few beds on move-in day. For requests not made by August 1st we will have a sign-up sheet at the Reception Center.
How do I get cable?
Each room is cable-ready and you can purchase cable through Cable One by calling 620-342-3535.
How do I get internet?
Wireless internet is provided throughout the residence halls and wired Ethernet ports are provided, in your room, for optimum connectivity. Our IT support staff will be on site during move-in for additional assistance.
Meningococcal Vaccination: A meningitis vaccination is required for students living on campus. If you have not been vaccinated in your home a country, the Office of International Education will provide a time for you to get vaccinated within your orientation, for a fee of $110. A form for waiving this meningococcal vaccination requirement, due to medical or religious reasons, is available through the Emporia State University Wellness Center. For more information regarding this vaccination or other wellness needs, visit: http://www.emporia.edu/student-wellness/health-services/meningitis-policy.html