The information on this page is for the last year's move-in. We will be updating it with next year's move-in information in March.
Move-In Day at Emporia State is an exciting time and one the entire Hornet Community comes out for! This page will help you get ready for move-in and hopefully answer all of your questions!
The information on this page is for students moving into Towers, Singular, Trusler or Morse.
Residents of Morse Complex Move-In Schedule (August 14th)
A – I 7:30-9:30am
J – Z 9:30-11:30am
Upperclass Morse Complex Residents are welcome to arrive after 11:30am for move in without assistance.
Meal plans for our Morse Complex residents will begin at lunch on 8/14/14
Residents of North Tower, South Tower, Singular & Trusler Halls (August 15th)
A-D 7:30am - 8:30 am
E-H 8:30am - 9:30am
I-N 9:30am - 10:30am
O-S 10:30am - 11:30am
T-Z 11:30am - 1:00pm
Meal plans for our Towers Complex residents will begin at dinner on 8/15/14
What to expect leading up to and including Move-In Day! There is a step-by-step visual guide to the actual check-in process below as well.
- Sometime by Mid-Summer you will receive your housing placement with Roommate Information.
- Remember to check your Emporia State email regularly. This is how we will be communicating with you. Contact Information Technology (IT) if you need help accessing your Emporia account.
- Reach out to your roommate and get to know them. Go beyond just reading their Facebook profile. There is so much more to us than our social media presence.
- Begin that relationship and coordinate who will be bringing what. You can check out our list of suggested items and what you can bring to the residence halls.
- Read over this website for information about move-in including what to expect on move-in day and links to our Orientation program.
- You will receive a pre-assigned check-in time for move-in day based on your last name. Follow the directions on the parking map to get to your check-in location. There will be people on campus to direct you and answer any questions.
- The student will go to the check-in station before unloading. There you will receive your move-in pass and room key which will allow you our staff to help you with the move-in process.
- Once you have your move-in pass return to your vehicle and hold the pass up. A trailer driven by an Emporia State Staff member will come by for you to unload your things onto. That trailer will then drive up to the front of the building.
- Then a team of our friendly Hornet Helpers will help you carry your belongings up to your room. This is why we need you to pack your belongings in boxes/tubs and label them with your name and room number. We have an excellent track record for making sure things get to the correct room and you can help us continue the track record by labeling your belongings. We have a visual step-by step guide for the check-in process below!
- If you are moving into the Towers Complex, as you are going through the building we ask that if you are able, you use the stairs if you are on the ground floor through the 5th floor. This will help clear congestion from the elevators for others who are moving carts.
- Once you get your belongings moved into your room please move your vehicle to the satellite parking lot so others can park closer to the building to unload.
- Orientation activities will begin at 2:00pm on Friday and continue through that weekend. You will want to participate in the Orientation activities starting with the General Assembly for a welcome from President Shonrock. These activities are planned to go through until the start of classes on Monday morning!
Important Links and Information
- All of our Hornet Orientation Information will be posted and updated on the How2ESU page located here.
- If you have questions about the meal plans check out Dining Services.
- Check out our list of things you can and cannot bring with you to Campus here!
- Find another copy of our parking map for Move In here!
- Check out what people had to say about our Move-In Process last year here!
- Download a copy of your parking application coming in March!