Apply to live on campus!

We are excited that you have chosen to live with us on campus. On-Campus living provides an amazing community and support that helps you make the most of your college experience. For additional reasons why living on campus is great visit our Top 10 Reasons to Live On Campus!  If you have any questions regarding these please contact us at or 620-341-5264.

The 2016-2017 Academic Year and the 2016 Summer Housing Application is online and accessible through your Buzz-In under the Student Services Tab. The Residential Life Portal link is on the right side of the screen under 'Student Links' and will take you to the contract. We recommend using Firefox or Chrome to complete the Housing Application. We also have a copy of the Terms and Conditions of the Housing Contract located here for you to review before completing the application and for future reference. Please remember that when entering your "University ID" that this is your E# found on your ID Card and under "University ID" on the page with your Profile Information. You do need to include the "E" before the numbers or it may lock you out as entering the incorrect University ID.

You can access the 2016-2017 Academic Year Housing or Summer 2016 Housing Application by accessing the Residential Life Portal using the instructions below:

1. Go to

2. Sign in using your Emporia ID (what comes before in your email address) and password.

3. Click on the Student Services Tab.

4. On the Right side of the screen you should see Residential Life Portal.

5. Click on the Residential Life Portal. If it asks you to log-in use your Emporia ID and password.

6. From this screen you can apply for Housing, access information regarding room placement & roommates after placements have been made, or change your roommate preferences until June 1st.

If you have any questions please contact us at 620-341-5264 or

Here is a step-by-step guide to walk you through the online contract that uses the steps from last year's contract. Some parts look a bit different this year, but the process is the same. Please note that Meal Plans have changed and you will see the current meal plan options and information in your contract:

Early Arrivals: Under special circumstances the Director of Residential Life may approve a student for early arrival and move in. For pre-approved early arrivals, the contract will become binding at the time of move in. A fee will be charged per night. Please note that there is an early arrival fee of $19 per night for all approved students moving in before the move-in date. Meal plans are only activated on the official opening day of your assigned building. This is only for students approved by the Department of Residential Life who are participating in academic or University sponsored programs.

We will need both your housing contract and payment ($175 for the academic year application, $30 for the Summer term application) to process your housing and placement. You can either pay with a credit card when you complete your online contract through an online secure payment site, mail a check or stop in to our office to pay cash at 308 South Morse Hall. Our mailing address is:

Residential Life Office Box 4009
Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle
Emporia, KS 66801

We understand that when your gender identity or expression is not readily reflected on a housing contract, it is difficult to determine what would be optimal for you. Our Residential Life staff is committed to assisting you to determine how on-campus living can work for you. Please contact the Director of Residential Life, Cass Coughlin, at 620-341-5264, or prior to your contract due date to discuss options.

Differently gendered and transgender students are also encouraged to contact the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, which is devoted to serving students and the Emporia State Community regarding gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning students, and their allies (GLBTQQA). The Office of Diversity & Inclusion works closely with other campus offices striving to provide a safe atmosphere for all students.

(Statement adapted from the University of Wisconsin La Crosse Housing Department.)

Residency Requirement Waiver

If you are a full-time, first-year student you are required to live on campus. If you would like to request a release from this requirement please see our Housing Waiver information.

Return to top

Phone Logo 620-341-5264     Address Logo 308 South Morse Hall    Email Logo       Facebook Logo       Pinterest Logo       Twitter Logo