10. Convenient access: The dining hall, Memorial Union, classrooms, studios, labs, the Student Recreation Center, tennis courts, the stadium and downtown Emporia are all within walking distance of the residence halls.
9. Safe and Comfortable Living: Emporia State places high importance on the safety of its students. Only students living in the residence halls and necessary staff are given Hornet card access to the buildings. Plus, hall staff and Police and Safety are on-call 24 hours a day to provide assistance.
8. Supportive Environment: Each residence hall floor is staff with a Resident Assistant, a student whose main purpose is to provide their floor with fun activities and help you with any problems you might encounter. Each complex also has a live-in professional staff member who oversees the day-to-day operations of the building. Where else can you live in a place that works so hard for you to have fun and be successful?
7. All-inclusive: We provide the full package including access to wireless internet, air conditioning, heating, and electricity at no extra cost to you. Cable television is available free in all commons areas, with the availability to purchase in each room. Plus, our friendly custodial staff regularly clean the bathrooms so you don't ever have to worry about who's turn it is this week.
6. Choices: Residential Life offers you many options of living. First-year students can choose between Singular, Trusler, or the Towers and upperclassmen have the option of Central Morse or Northeast Morse. Whatever need you have, we can help.
5. Dedicated Staff: Whether it's your first time leaving home or not, we offer you the perfect mixture of independent living and amazing support. Where else can you find a front desk to help you if you get locked out or just have questions, police and safety that are focused on your success and safety and an on-call maintenance and custodial staff available if something needs work.
4. Better Grades: Studies at numerous universities across the country have shown that students who live on-campus in the residence halls have an overall higher GPA. How awesome is that?!
3. Fun Events: Get involved! Residence halls have many activities going on in the buildings every week. Plus the halls are close to all sorts of lectures, movies, plays, concerts, and more that go on around Emporia State.
2. Activities Councils: Morse Activities Council (MAC) and Towers Activities Council (TAC) offer a great way for you to get to know other residents of the building and plan the events you want to see happen in the building. Ice cream social? No problem. Taco night in the lobby? Bring it. Haunted Halloween Trail? Of course! Your ideas are the limit.
1. Friends: College is the best four years of your life? Right on! Find the friends who will last a lifetime in the residence halls. You'll meet a ton of new people and make some great memories. So come on home and live with us in the nest.